TRUST IN GOD

Life is much more important than food, and the body much more important than clothes. Instead, be concerned with His Kingdom, and He will provide you with these things.
Luke 12:23,31


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Family Bible Study - 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Gospel Passage
Luke 12:13 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide
the family inheritance with me.” 14 But he said to him, “Friend, who set me to be a
judge or arbitrator over you?” 15 And he said to them, “Take care! Be on your guard
against all kinds of greed; for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of
possessions.” 16 Then he told them a parable: “The land of a rich man produced
abundantly. 17 And he thought to himself, ‘What should I do, for I have no place to
store my crops?’ 18 Then he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build
larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I will say to
my soul, ‘Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be
merry.’ 20 But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life is being
demanded of you. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ 21 So it
is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich toward God.”

Questions for discussion -

1. Jesus tells us to share whatever we have with others. Do you know people
who are greedy? Why are these people almost always unhappy?

2. What should we do with our money? What do you think God wants us to
do with our money? Is money the only thing we have to share? What else
could we share?

3. How do we become rich in God’s eyes? What should we do to earn God’s
reward for our hard work? What “work” should we do?
used with permission - Fr. Roger Landry

No comments: