TRUST IN GOD

Life is much more important than food, and the body much more important than clothes. Instead, be concerned with His Kingdom, and He will provide you with these things.
Luke 12:23,31


Saturday, May 28, 2011

Family Bible Study - 6th Sunday of Easter

Gospel Passage
John 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask
the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. 17 This is
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor
knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he will be in you. 18 “I
will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. 19 In a little while the world will
no longer see me, but you will see me; because I live, you also will live. 20 On that
day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. 21 They who
have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love
me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.”
Questions -

1. Jesus says that if we love him, we will obey His commandments. Do you
folllow his commandments?

2. Jesus says that he and the Father will send the “Spirit of Truth.” What
“Spirit” is he talking about? Be specific. (Hint: Think about Pentecost).

3. Jesus says, “In a little while the world will no longer see me.” What is he
talking about? (Hint: It has something to do with this Thursday).
used with permission - Fr. Roger Landry

No comments: