TRUST IN GOD

Life is much more important than food, and the body much more important than clothes. Instead, be concerned with His Kingdom, and He will provide you with these things.
Luke 12:23,31


Thursday, March 22, 2012

Family Bible Study - 5th Sunday of Lent - Year B - March 25th, 2012

Fifth Sunday of Lent, B
March 25, 2012
Gospel Passage
John 12:20 Now among those who went up to worship at the festival were some
Greeks. 21 They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, and said to him,
“Sir, we wish to see Jesus.” 22 Philip went and told Andrew; then Andrew and
Philip went and told Jesus. 23 Jesus answered them, “The hour has come for the Son
of Man to be glorified. 24 Very truly, I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the
earth and dies, it remains just a single grain; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25
Those who love their life lose it, and those who hate their life in this world will keep
it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there will
my servant be also. Whoever serves me, the Father will honor. 27 “Now my soul is
troubled. And what should I say — ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it is for this
reason that I have come to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice
came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd
standing there heard it and said that it was thunder. Others said, “An angel has
spoken to him.” 30 Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not for
mine. 31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be
driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to
myself.” 33 He said this to indicate the kind of death he was to die.
Questions
The Greeks said, “We wish to see Jesus!” If someone came up to you saying
that they wished to see Jesus, what would you tell them? What would you do?
Where could they find Jesus?
Jesus says that whoever serves Him must follow Him so that where He is, we
will be too. How do we serve Jesus? Where are we following Him?
Sometimes when plants die (like wheat), a seed drops and fruit can grow from
the seed. If you let something you do “die” (like stop fighting with your
family), what good “fruit” would come from that? What else could you let
“die” to make some good “fruit” grow?
used with permission - Fr. Roger Landry

No comments: