TRUST IN GOD

Life is much more important than food, and the body much more important than clothes. Instead, be concerned with His Kingdom, and He will provide you with these things.
Luke 12:23,31


Friday, August 7, 2009

Family Bible Study - Sunday, August 9th, 2009 - 19th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Gospel Passage
John 6:41 Then the Jews began to complain about him because he said, “I
am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They were saying, “Is not
this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he
now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?” 43 Jesus answered them, “Do
not complain among yourselves. 44 No one can come to me unless drawn
by the Father who sent me; and I will raise that person up on the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’
Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me. 46 Not
that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from God; he has seen
the Father. 47 Very truly, I tell you, whoever believes has eternal life. 48 I
am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, and
they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one
may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from
heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will
give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

Questions for Discussion:

1. The people complained because Jesus told them the truth and they didn’t
like it. Have you ever met someone who complains against God because they
don’t like living as God wants?

2. Think about the relationship between Joseph and Jesus and talk about how Jesus can say 'I have come down from Heaven'.

3. Jesus says if we eat him we will live forever? Does this mean that no matter
what we do after receiving holy Communion, we’re automatically going to get
to heaven, or does it mean that if we go to Holy Communion we should become more and more like Jesus and learn to love others more — and that will help us get to Heaven?
used with permission - Fr. Roger Landry

No comments: