TRUST IN GOD

Life is much more important than food, and the body much more important than clothes. Instead, be concerned with His Kingdom, and He will provide you with these things.
Luke 12:23,31


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Family Bible Study - Fifth Sunday of Easter

Gospel Passage
John 13:31 When he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man has
been glorified, and God has been glorified in him. 32 If God has been
glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself and will glorify him at
once. 33 Little children, I am with you only a little longer. You will look for
me; and as I said to the Jews so now I say to you, ‘Where I am going, you
cannot come.’ 34 I give you a new commandment, that you love one
another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. 35 By
this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one
another.”

Questions for Discussion -

1. Jesus’ commandment is to love one another as He loves us. How does Jesus love us? What did He do for us?

2. Jesus wants our love for each other to be so great that everyone else will be
able to know that we’re his disciples by this love. This means that our failure
to love can hurt others’ coming to the faith. What do you need to work on so
that you can love like Jesus calls you to?

3. Jesus said, “Little children, I am with you only a little longer.” What did He
mean? Where was He going?
used with permission - Fr. Roger Landry

No comments: