TRUST IN GOD

Life is much more important than food, and the body much more important than clothes. Instead, be concerned with His Kingdom, and He will provide you with these things.
Luke 12:23,31


Saturday, May 8, 2010

Family Bible Study - Sixth Sunday of Easter

Gospel Passage
John 14:23 Jesus answered him, “Those who love me will keep my word,
and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home
with them. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; and the
word that you hear is not mine, but is from the Father who sent me. 25 “I
have said these things to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Advocate,
the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you
everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave
with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do
not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. 28 You heard
me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I am coming to you.’ If you loved me,
you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater
than I. 29 And now I have told you this before it occurs, so that when it does
occur, you may believe.

Questions for discussion -
1. Jesus says that those who love Him keep His words; those who do not
love him, do not keep his words. Do you keep his
words? Where do you need to grow in love?

2. Jesus says the Holy Spirit helps us learn everything Jesus has said to us.
How often do you pray to the Holy Spirit to learn more about the words of
Jesus and how to follow Him?

3. What is the peace that Jesus gives us? How is it different from the peace the
“world gives”?
used with permission - Fr. Roger Landry

No comments: