TRUST IN GOD

Life is much more important than food, and the body much more important than clothes. Instead, be concerned with His Kingdom, and He will provide you with these things.
Luke 12:23,31


Friday, May 14, 2010

Family Bible Study - Seventh Sunday of Easter

Gospel Passage
John 17:20 “I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those
who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one. As
you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the
world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given
me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them
and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may
know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved
me. 24 Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be
with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you
loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 “Righteous Father, the
world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have
sent me. 26 I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so
that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Questions for discussion -
1. In this prayer from the last Supper, Jesus is praying for all of us who would
hear and believe in the word of God through the work of the apostles. What
two things does Jesus pray for here? (Circle the two correct answers)
a) that we might be good people, liked by all
b) that we may be one, like the Holy Trinity
c) that God may glorify us
d) that we may be where Jesus is, to see his glory

2. Jesus wants us to be so united in love that the world may know that the
Father sent the Son and loves us. How would our love reflect God?

3. Jesus has revealed the Father to us so that we might live in the Father’s love.
How do we remain in the Father’s love?
used with permission - Fr. Roger Landry

No comments: